Now that we know who the new leader of the Conservative Party of Canada is (Andrew Scheer), there is one more podium to fill next to Justin Trudeau on the debate stage when Canadians go to the polls in a few years: that of the Federal NDP Leader.
The leadership debates and campaigns are in full swing. While we won’t know who won until late October of this year, we’re giving our readers a chance to weigh in with a new site poll.
If new candidates enter the race or current ones drop out, we’ll update the choices. You can only vote for one option, but you can also change your vote right up until the poll expires on October 29th, so if you’re undecided, please feel free to say so knowing you can change your vote when you do make up your mind.
The winner of our poll gets the official endorsement of FTB readers and a post written on behalf of them. Since this is over four months of voting and we have other polls that will run in that time, it’s possible this poll may disappear from the site sidebar, but it will always be available in this post.
Here it is:
- Jagmeet Singh 70%, 1639 votes1639 votes 70%1639 votes - 70% of all votes
- Niki Ashton 18%, 409 votes409 votes 18%409 votes - 18% of all votes
- Charlie Angus 4%, 99 votes99 votes 4%99 votes - 4% of all votes
- Guy Caron 2%, 52 votes52 votes 2%52 votes - 2% of all votes
- Peter Julian 1%, 33 votes33 votes 1%33 votes - 1% of all votes
- I support another party 1%, 30 votes30 votes 1%30 votes - 1% of all votes
- I'm not Canadian but thanks for asking 1%, 29 votes29 votes 1%29 votes - 1% of all votes
- Not Sure Yet (you can change your vote before the poll expires) 1%, 20 votes20 votes 1%20 votes - 1% of all votes
- Bring back Tom 1%, 13 votes13 votes 1%13 votes - 1% of all votes
- I support the NDP but don't like any of the current choices. Someone else, please. 1%, 12 votes12 votes 1%12 votes - 1% of all votes
Of course, if you want to vote in the actual leadership race, you need to first become a member of the NDP