It’s that time again. The 2019 Canadian Federal Election is underway and Forget the Box is launching an election poll.
The winning party gets the endorsement of FTB readers with a site post written on their behalf. One vote per person, but please feel free to campaign to drive up votes for your choice just like with real politics.
FTB contributors are also free to try and drive up votes as well and you’d better believe I’ll be doing the same if needed. Writing an endorsement for a party you don’t support is not a pleasant experience.
But it is one we’ll endure. That is, however, with one exception: we won’t be endorsing Maxime Bernier’s far-right roadshow known as the People’s Party of Canada.
Like the debate commission, we’re starting with just the five major parties with MPs already elected under those banners (Liberals, Conservatives, NDP, Greens and Bloc). Unlike the debate commission, we’re not going to cave.
You can add any officially registered party you like and if we get enough votes for, say, the Libertarian Party or the Communist Party, we’ll consider that option, but we reserve the right to limit the endorsement to the five main ones and will certainly exercise that right to not endorse the People’s Party.
This poll is designed to get an idea of what our readership supports and there’s no way the majority of readers on a generally left-leaning site support the dangerous xenophobic rhetoric of Bernier and company, no matter what some trolls may want people to believe.
So have your say below or in the sidebar of any page on this site:
- New Democratic Party (NDP) 52%, 73 votes73 votes 52%73 votes - 52% of all votes
- Deez nuts* 14%, 19 votes19 votes 14%19 votes - 14% of all votes
- Conservative Party of Canada 10%, 14 votes14 votes 10%14 votes - 10% of all votes
- Green Party of Canada 10%, 14 votes14 votes 10%14 votes - 10% of all votes
- Liberal Party of Canada 10%, 14 votes14 votes 10%14 votes - 10% of all votes
- None of the Above 3%, 4 votes4 votes 3%4 votes - 3% of all votes
- Bloc Québécois 1%, 2 votes2 votes 1%2 votes - 1% of all votes
Also, please feel free to let everyone know why you voted the way you did in the comments below. This certainly is a contentious election, so let’s discuss.
Featured Image by Alirod Ameri, via Flickr Creative Commons